Introduction to Dynamic Methods for Economics and Finance
Professor: Leandro Gorno (<leandro.gorno AT fgv DOT br>)
Lectures: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:10-12:50, room 406.
Office hours: by appointment.
- Next class will be on Monday June 6th. 11:10 in room 406 as usual.
- The midterm is now online. The deadline is Monday April 11th at noon.
- No class next Monday 21/3/16.
- Added some exercises (will add more in the following days)
- New schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:10-12:50.
This course aims at enabling students to solve dynamic economic models involving optimization. I will attempt to develop the ability to use the methods by solving problems from different areas of economics such as macroeconomics, finance, political economy, industrial organization and contract theory.
Dixit, A.K. and Pindyck R.S. "Inverstment under uncertainty", Princeton University Press (1994)