News from 05/23/2019
The faculty of EPGE had three articles accepted by the journal Econometrica on 2018-19
Econometrica. vol. 86, pp. 1859-1871, 2018
Aloisio Pessoa de Araujo; Rodrigo Novinsky; Alain Chateauneuf; Juan Pablo Gama Torres
GREENWOOD, J. ; KIRCHER, P. ; Cezar Santos; TERTILT, M.
Kazuhiro Hara; OK, E. A. ; RIELLAY, G.
To access other publications in the Econometrica from EPGE's chair professors, click here
News from 05/22/2019
EPGE among the "Top 80" Economics Departments in the World Ranking 2018 (Tilburg)
The School is also designated as the first department of economics in Latin America in 2018, a result equal to that obtained in 2017 and 2016. In addition, EPGE leads in the 5 and 10 year Rankings of Latin America taking into account the default selection of journals.
To see some printed evaluations, click here.
News from 03/15/2019
Minister of Finance Paulo Guedes talks about EPGE
To watch the video, click here
Reduced Version of this Page at (PDF)
Some additional information including the current development of public policies (PDF)
I - IGC – Course Overview
EPGE obtained, for the seventh time, out of 11 evaluations already carried out by MEC, the first national IGC – Course Overview , among more than 2000 Higher Education Institutions (including Universities, IFETs, University Centers, Cefets and Colleges) in all areas of knowledge.
The new index, related 2017, was released on 12/18/2018 and is available in (IGC). In historical terms, in the eleven IGC assessments made by MEC since 2007, EPGE obtained the first national place in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017; the second in 3 evaluations (2012, 2013, 2014); and the third in the remaining assessment (2008).
- 09/07/2017 - Jornal Valor Econômico - PDF | Online;
- 12/08/2017 - Valor Econômico Image | PDF | Online;
- 02/12/2018 - Jornal O Globo - PDF | Online | Clipping;
- 12/18/2018 - FGV Notícias - Online;
- 12/18/2018 - Exame - PDF | Online;
- 12/19/2018 - Época Negócios - PDF | Online;
- 12/19/2018 - Jornal O Globo (Pág. 10) - PDF;
- 12/19/2018 - Jornal O Globo (Pág. 24) - PDF;
- 01/15/2019 - Estado de Minas Online - PDF | Online;
Testimony of Former President of the European Commission (2004-2014) José Manuel Durão Barroso.
II - ENADE - National Student Performance Exam
- 1st place of ENADE for the 2nd time in 4 evaluations already done by MEC. The evaluation included around 200 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) that provide the Economics course in Brazil. The new ENADE, related to 2015, was released in March 2017
In historical terms, in the four evaluations of ENADE made by MEC since 2006 (2006, 2009, 2012 and 2015), EPGE obtained the first national place in 2006 and 2015, thus becoming the Economics IES with the highest number of first place in ENADE.
Comment of President of the Central Bank, Ilan Goldfajn, on the result of the last ENADE
Comment of Beatriz Vasconcellos Araújo,EPGE Former student
Undergraduate Students from EPGE once again obtained the 1st place in ENADE of Economics
III - Capes Quadrennial Evaluation (Postgraduate)
- Capes (Postgraduate): In the last three evaluations released by CAPES / MEC since 2010, EPGE obtained maximum degrees in all Programs and Courses.
IV - Institutional accreditation of the Ministry of Education
- In its recent process of re-accreditation by the Ministry of Education, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance received a maximum score (five) in its Institutional Evaluation. EPGE also has a maximum score of the MEC in all its programs (Undergraduate, Postgraduate Academic, Graduate Professional).
V - International Ranking of Tilburg University:
- International Ranking of Tilburg University: EPGE has been appointed for several years as the first department of economics in Latin America by Tilburg University International Ranking of Economics Departments (Tilburg default selection). See prints here
VI - RePEc - Research Papers in Economics
- RePEc: – First in Brazil, Economics.
VII - ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pós-Graduação em Economia
- 1st place in ANPEC Selection Exam for 2019: For the second consecutive year, FGV EPGE obtained the first place in the ANPEC National Examination. The exam selects students for master's and doctoral courses in Economics from all over the country.
The School congratulates the EPGE students for the excellent performance in the National Examination of ANPEC 2019. In particular, the Undergraduate students Pedro Feijó de Moraes (1st National Place), Gustavo Ferrer Brandão (2nd National Place), Otávio Moura Rubião (4th National Place) and Pedro Levy Schott Pacheco (8th National Place), who brought to themselves, and to EPGE, one more important national distinction.
In 2017 the School also obtained the 1st place in the National Examination of ANPEC (2018) with the Undergraduate student Gabriel Dias Santamarina.
VIII - SBE - Brazilian Society of Econometrics
- School with the highest number of times in 1st place in Brazilian Society of Econometrics’ awards
- Data Source: http://www.sbe.org.br/prmio
IX - The Econometric Society
- Four out of five Econometric Society Fellows working in economics departments in Brazil are in EPGE: Aloisio Araujo, Marcelo Moreira, Marilda Sotomayor and Paulo Kingler.
X - Student Guide (Guia do Estudante)
- Testimonials About EPGE.
See below the clippings of articles related to this subject, published in previous years:
- 01/14/2011 - IGC - FGV School in Rio has better position in the country - O Globo
- 12/08/2017 - IGC - FGV leads ranking of best colleges in Brazil - Jornal Valor Econômico- PDF | PDF | Online
- 11/29/2017 - IGC - Excellence in teaching: FGV maintains leadership in the national ranking of MEC courses - FGV Notícias - Online
- 11/28/2017 - IGC - The best colleges and universities in Brazil, according to MEC - EXAME - PDF - Online
- 06/13/2017 - IGC - Rio has three of the top ten higher education courses in the country - Jornal O Globo - PDF | Online
- 06/13/2017 - IGC - EPGE-FGV leads ranking of quality in higher education - Folha Dirigida - PDF | Online
- 06/07/2017 - IGC - FGV leads ranking of best colleges in Brazil - Jornal Valor Econômico - PDF | Online
- 02/16/2016 - IGC - Higher Education: science is the best RJ guideline - Folha Dirigida
- 06/12/2015 - IGC - The differential of Rio's best in IGC - Folha Dirigida
- 09/01/2015 - IGC - Interview with the director of EPGE on excellence in higher education - FGV Notícias - PT | EN
- 19/12/2014 - IGC - Three faculties of the FGV lead the national ranking of quality of the MEC - O Globo
- 12/19/2013 - IGC - The secret is to attract the talents - Folha Dirigida
- 12/19/2013 - IGC - FGV EPGE director discusses the Shool's perfomance in Folha Dirigida - FGV News
- 12/17/2013 - IGC - The challenges of post-graduation in Brazil - Folha Dirigida
- 12/12/2013 - IGC - IGC result confirms FGV as leader in Brazilian education - FGV News
- 12/10/2013 - IGC - FGV EPGE and Uenf are in the ranking - Folha Dirigida
- 12/07/2013 - Only 13 courses repeat maximum grade in MEC evaluation - Folha de SP
- 12/07/2013 - Ministry examines courses and colleges - Folha de SP
- 12/06/2013 - Only 98 graduations have a maximum grade in the MEC - O GLOBO
- 12/12/2012 - IGC - MEC elects for the third consecutive year the EPGE FGV as the best high school of the Country - Isto é Dinheiro
- 12/12/2012 - IGC - Enade's numbers - O Estado de São Paulo
- 12/07/2012 - IGC - Feature of Jornal O Globo about the IGC
- 12/07/2012 - IGC - Feature of Jornal O Estado de São Paulo about the IGC
- 12/06/2012 - IGC - Rio has four institutions of higher education with a maximum grade and 25 failed - O Globo
- 18/11/2011 - IGC - In Rio, five institutions take maximum - O Globo
- 18/11/2011 - Feature of Jornal O Estado de São Paulo about the IGC
- 18/11/2011 - Feature of Gazeta do Povo about the IGC
- 30/01/2011 - Programs earn top marks for the first time - Folha de São Paulo and errata
- 20/01/2011 - Lessons from the best higher education institution in the country - Folha Dirigida
- 14/01/2011 - IGC - FGV School in Rio had better position in the country - O Globo
Check the e-mail forwarded by EPGE Dean to its students, alumni, staff and professors (Click here)
Nobel Lectures, Twelve visits of Economics Nobel Prize Laureates to EPGE.