The EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance (FGV EPGE) once again obtains the first national seat of IGC - MEC General Course Index
According to the announcement made today, EPGE obtained, for the seventh time, in the 11 evaluations already carried out by the MEC, the first national place in the General Course Index (IGC). The evaluation takes place annually and the placement of the School in 1st Place in the IGC 2017 occurs among 2066 Higher Education Institutions (including Universities, IFETs, University Centers, Cefets and Colleges) and in all areas of knowledge.
Repercussion in the media:
- 15/01/2019 - Estado de Minas Online - PDF | Online
- 01/07/2019 - FGV News - Online;
- 12/19/2018 - Época Negócios - PDF | Online
- 12/19/2018 - Jornal O Globo (Page 10) - PDF
- 12/19/2018 - Jornal O Globo (Page 24) - PDF
- 12/18/2018 - Exame - PDF | Online
Headline from November 06, 2018
FGV EPGE congratulates it´s students for the excellent performance in the ANPEC´s 2019 National Exam. In particular, Pedro Feijó de Moraes, Gustavo Ferrer Brandão, Otávio Moura Rubião and Pedro Levy Schott Pacheco, who brought to our School another important national distinction. This time, the first (Pedro Feijó), the second (Gustavo Brandão), the fourth (Otávio Rubião) and the eighth (Pedro Levy), among the 1264 candidates who took the test.
In 2017, the distinction was with the first place in the National ANPEC´s 2018 Exam of the graduate student Gabriel Dias Santamarina.
Repercussion in the media:
Reduced version of this page in (PDF)
Some additional information about the School (PDF)
I - IGC - Índice Geral de Cursos
1st place at the Índice Geral de Cursos (IGC, calculated by Brazil’s Ministry of Education – MEC), in seven out of eleven evaluations ever made by MEC. The evaluation included 2066 Higher Education Institutions and considered all areas of knowledge.
The new index, which was released on 12/18/2018, refers to the year of 2017 and is available in (IGC). Historically, in the eleven evaluations made by MEC since 2007, EPGE ranked first in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017 second in 3 evaluations (2012, 2013, 2014); and third in the remaining evaluation (2008).
- Jornal O Globo (2018) - (PDF) (Online) (Clipping);
- Jornal Valor Econômico (2017) - (PDF) (Online);
- Valor Econômico (2017) - (Imagem) (Impressão) (Online);
Testimony of the former President of the European Commission (2004-2014) José Manuel Durão Barroso.
II - ENADE - Exame Nacional de Desempenho de Estudantes
- 1st place at ENADE for the 2nd time in the 4 evaluations ever made by MEC. The evaluation included close to 200 IES which provide this course in Brazil. This new result concerns 2015 and was released by MEC in March of 2017.
Historically, in the four ENADE evaluations done by MEC so far since 2006 (2006, 2009, 2012, 2015), EPGE ranked first in 2006 and 2015.
Comment by the President of the Central Bank of Brazil, Ilan Goldfajn, about the last available ENADE.
Comment by Beatriz Vasconcellos Araújo, former undergraduate student of FGV EPGE.
Undergraduate students of EPGE conquered 1º National place at ENADE of Economy 2015
III - Capes Quadrennial Evaluation (Postgraduate)
- Capes (Postgraduate): In the last three evaluations made available by CAPES / MEC since 2010, EPGE obtained maximum degrees in all Programs and Courses.
IV - Institutional accreditation of the Ministry of Education
- In its recent process of re-accreditation by the Ministry of Education, FGV EPGE - Brazilian School of Economics and Finance received a maximum score (five) in its Institutional Evaluation. EPGE also has a maximum score of the MEC in all its programs (Undergraduate, Postgraduate Academic, Graduate Professional).
V - International Ranking of Tilburg University:
- International Ranking of Tilburg University: EPGE has been appointed for several years as the first department of economics in Latin America by the International Ranking of Departments of Economics of Tilburg University (full list of journals). See prints here
VI - RePEc - Research Papers in Economics
- RePEc: – First in Brazil, Economics.
VII - ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pós-Graduação em Economia
- 1st place in the ANPEC Selection Exam for 2019: For the second consecutive year, FGV EPGE won the first place in the National Examination of ANPEC. The ANPEC Exam selects students for master's and doctoral courses in Economics from all over the country.
The School congratulates the students of EPGE for the excellent performance in the National Examination of ANPEC 2019. In particular, the students of the Undergraduate course Pedro Feijó de Moraes (1st National Place), Gustavo Ferrer Brandão (2nd National Place), Otávio Moura Rubião (4th National Place) and Pedro Levy Schott Pacheco (8th National Place), who brought to themselves, and to EPGE one more important national distinction.
In 2017 the School also won the 1st place in the National Examination of ANPEC (2018) with the Undergraduation student Gabriel Dias Santamarina.
- FGV News (Online) (11/26/2018);
VIII - BRAZILIAN SOCIETY OF ECONOMETRICS (SBE)
- School with the highest number of times in 1st place in Brazilian Society of Econometrics’ awards
- Data Source: http://www.sbe.org.br/prmio
IX - THE ECONOMETRIC SOCIETY
- Four of the five Econometric Society Fellows working in economics departments in Brazil are in EPGE: Aloisio Araujo, Marcelo Moreira, Marilda Sotomayor and Paulo Kingler.
X - Student Guide (Guia do Estudante)
- Brazilian Student Guide 2017 Top Tanking (Five Stars) in All Evaluations so Far.
See below the clipping with articles relating to this subject, published in previous years:
- Jornal Valor Econômico (PDF) (Impressão) (Online)
- FGV News (Online)
- EXAME (PDF) (Online)
- Jornal O Globo (PDF) (Online)
- Folha Dirigida (PDF) (Online)
- Jornal Valor Econômico (PDF) (Online)
- Folha Dirigida - Quality driven by the research
- Folha Dirigida - The differential in the best of Rio in IGC
- FGV Notícias - Enterview about the excellence in higher education
- FGV News - Interview with FGV EPGE director highlights aspects of excellence in higher education
- Folha Dirigida - Article with the EPGE Dean
- Folha Dirigida - Highlights in the IGC ranking
- Folha Dirigida - The challanges of the graduate programs in Brazil
- Folha de SP - Courses with maximum score in MEC
- FGV News - Article about FGV Schools
- FGV News - Repercussion, with EPGE Dean, about the EPGE maximum score
- Folha de SP - The best in the country
- O GLOBO - Institution with maximum scores
- O Globo - EPGE gets maximum score in IGC
- O Globo - EPGE is the best in the country
- O Estado de São Paulo - EPGE gets the first place in ENADE
- O Estado de São Paulo - School gets the maximum score in IGC
- O Estado de São Paulo - Article about the ENADE result
- Isto é Dinheiro - Article about the ENADE result
Check the e-mail forwarded by EPGE Chair to its students, former students, staff and professors (Click here)