News from May 11th, 2018
In its recent process of re-accreditation made by Ministério da Educação, FGV EPGE – Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças received the maximum grade (five) in its Institutional Evaluation. EPGE also has the highest grade in all programs (Undergraduate, Masters, Doctorate and Professional Masters).
Reduced version of this page in (PDF)
History of Rankings
1 - 1st place at the Índice Geral de Cursos (IGC, calculated by Brazil’s Ministry of Education – MEC), in six out of ten evaluations ever made by MEC. The evaluation included more than 2,100 Higher Education Institutions and considered all areas of knowledge.
The new index, which was released on 11/27/2017, refers to the year of 2016 and is available in (IGC). Historically, in the ten evaluations made by the MEC since 2007, EPGE ranked first in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016; second in 3 evaluations (2012, 2013, 2014); and third in the remaining evaluation (2008).
In the Media:
- Jornal O Globo (2011) (PDF);
- Jornal Valor Econômico (2017)
- FGV News (Online) (29/11/2017);
- EXAME (PDF) (Online) (28/11/2017);
- Jornal O Globo (2017) (PDF) (Online) ;
- Folha Dirigida, (2017) (PDF) (Online) ;
Comment by Former President of the European Comission (2004-2014) Professor José Manuel Durão Barroso
Comment by the Finance Minister Henrique Meireles About the Importance of Education and the Excellence of FGV EPGE.
2 - 1st place at ENADE for the 2nd time in the 4 evaluations ever made by MEC. The evaluation included close to 200 IES which provide this course in Brazil. This new result concerns 2015 and was released by MEC in March of 2017.
Historically, in the four ENADE evaluations done by MEC so far since 2006 (2006, 2009, 2012, 2015), EPGE ranked first in 2006 and 2015.
Comment by the President of the Central Bank of Brazil, Ilan Goldfajn, about the last available ENADE.
Comment by Beatriz Vasconcellos Araújo, former undergraduate student of FGV EPGE.
Undergraduate students of EPGE conquered 1º National place at ENADE of Economy 2015
3 - Capes (Postgraduate): In the last three evaluations made available by CAPES / MEC since 2010, EPGE obtained maximum degrees in all Programs and Courses.
4 - International Ranking of Tilburg University: EPGE has been appointed for several years as the first department of economics in Latin America by the International Ranking of Departments of Economics of Tilburg University (full list of journals). See prints here.
5 - RePEc: – First in Brazil, Economics.
6 - Brazilian Student Guide 2017 Top Tanking (Five Stars) in All Evaluations so Far.
8 - 1st Place at 2018 ANPEC Selection Exam: The School greets the undergraduate students of EPGE for the excellent performance in the National Examination of ANPEC. In particular, the students Gabriel Dias Santamarina, Rafael Costa Berriel Abreu and Igor Antônio Araújo Carreira, who brought to our School another important national distinction. This time, the first (Gabriel), the third (Rafael), and the sixth (Igor) places in the ANPEC Competition, among 1413 candidates who took the test.
Out of the top ten in the National Exam, only 4 graduated in Rio de Janeiro. Among these ten are the three students already mentioned, of our graduation, and the student Rafael Russo, from the IME, who obtained the ninth place. Rafael Russo was an external student of the EPGE Master's degree.
9 - School with the highest number of times in 1st place in Brazilian Society of Econometrics’ awards
Data Source: http://www.sbe.org.br/prmio
10 - Four of the five Econometric Society Fellows working in economics departments in Brazil are in EPGE: Aloisio Araujo, Marcelo Moreira, Marilda Sotomayor and Paulo Kingler.
See below the clipping with articles relating to this subject, published in previous years:
News published on Jornal O Globo (2011) about EPGE´s IGC.
- Folha Dirigida - Quality driven by the research
- Folha Dirigida - The differential in the best of Rio in IGC
- FGV Notícias - Enterview about the excellence in higher education
- FGV News - Interview with FGV EPGE director highlights aspects of excellence in higher education
- Folha Dirigida - Article with the EPGE Dean
- Folha Dirigida - Highlights in the IGC ranking
- Folha Dirigida - The challanges of the graduate programs in Brazil
- Folha de SP - Courses with maximum score in MEC
- FGV News - Article about FGV Schools
- FGV News - Repercussion, with EPGE Dean, about the EPGE maximum score
- Folha de SP - The best in the country
- O GLOBO - Institution with maximum scores
- O Globo - EPGE gets maximum score in IGC
- O Globo - EPGE is the best in the country
- O Estado de São Paulo - EPGE gets the first place in ENADE
- O Estado de São Paulo - School gets the maximum score in IGC
- O Estado de São Paulo - Article about the ENADE result
- Isto é Dinheiro - Article about the ENADE result
Check the e-mail forwarded by EPGE Chair to its students, former students, staff and professors (Click here)