The Direct PhD, a process in which the student decides to apply to the doctorate program without going through the Master degree, is open to undergraduate degree holders in any knowledge area.
Required Documentation to enter to EPGE´s Direct Doctorate Program:
- Registration form
- Updated Resume or Lattes Curriculum;
- Two professional recommendation letters that can properly assess your academic potential;
- Results in score and ranking in the examination of ANPEC (National Association of Economics in the Graduate Center) conducted from 2010 and / or GRE (Graduate Record Examination - General Test).
- It is up to the candidate to decide which result to send or send both results.
- To access ANPEC´s calendar online: www.anpec.org.br
- It´s necessary to inform that the purpose of the exam is to apply to the FGV-EPGE´s Master in Economics.
- Candidates enrolled in the 2016 ANPEC exam must submit proof of registration for the email email@example.com.
- Undergraduate Academic Transcript;
- Other information that the candidate believes is important to evaluate his/her potential in research.
Items in (1) through (5) are compulsory and item (6) is optional.
Address for sending the required documentation:
Praia de Botafogo, 190, room 1123
ZIP Code: 22250-900 | Rio de Janeiro | RJ | Brazil
Phone: (55 21) 3799-5895, (55 21) 3799-5857
Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Candidates should contact the school in a timely manner after sending documents with the aim of ensuring that the subscription request was duly received and that there are no other pendings.
More informations in the Applicants Manual
Students are typically able to get full scholarship, according to the respective course. The values and rules of obtaining and maintaining the scholarship are subject to the standards set by public funding agencies, namely CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development), CAPES / PROEX (Personal Improvement Coordination of Higher Education / Program Academic Excellence) and FAPERJ (Foundation for Research of the State of Rio de Janeiro). Partnerships with some private institutions have also made possible, over the past few years, the provision of some additional scholarships.
Selection Process Calendar for the Direct Doctorate
Application for admission’s start date: 06/13/2016;
Application for admission’s deadline: 10/31/2016;
Early registration period: 11/25/2016;
End of the registration period: 12/09/2016;
Leveling period in Mathematics: 01/02/2017 to 01/06/2017;
Start date: 01/09/2017