The PhD allows the students to enter directly in the doctorate program without necessarily having a master's degree, be it from EPGE or other institutions. The EPGE's PhD in Economics is open to undergraduate degree holders in any field of knowledge, being more suitable for those with emphasis in quantitative methods. Possessing the master's degree (in any area) may in some cases help in the selection process, but it is not a necessary condition for accessing the PhD.
Documentation required from the candidates who wish to participate in the selection process of the EPGE PhD:
- Authenticated copy of an Identity Document (ID);
- Authenticated copy of the Passport (foreign applicants);
- Copy of the curriculum Vitae or Lattes (http://lattes.cnpq.br) attached to the copies of the most relevant works, if there is any;
- Authenticated copy of the Undergraduate Diploma;
- Authenticated copy of the Undergraduate Academic Transcript;
- In the case of a course completed abroad, the candidate must present the Undergraduate Diploma with a consularization or an apostille of the documents, according to the Hague Convention, in addition to the sworn translation of the said document;
- 2 (two) Recommendation Letters completed by professionals, researchers or professors attesting academic aptitude - Annex II of the Public Notice of Selective Process (Errata I);
- Results in score and ranking in the examination of ANPEC (National Association of Economics in the Graduate Center) conducted from 2012 onward and / or GRE (Graduate Record Examination - General Test);
- Registration Form;
- Other documents that the candidate judges appropriate to support his/her potential in research.
OBS1: The credits of the alumni of the EPGE Master's Degree of the last 10 years will be automatically considered once they have passed with approval.
Address for sending the required documentation:
Secretaria de Registros Acadêmicos - SRA
PhD FGV EPGE- Selective Process
Praia de Botafogo, 190, room 314 – 3rd floor
ZIP Code: 22250-900 | Rio de Janeiro | RJ | Brazil
Phone: (55 21) 3799-5757
Business hour: from Monday to Friday - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
OBS2: Candidates should contact the School in a timely manner after sending documents with the aim of ensuring that the subscription request was duly received and that there are no other pendings.
The values and rules for obtaining and maintaining the scholarships are under the rules established by the public development agencies, namely CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development), CAPES / PROEX (Personal Improvement Coordination of Higher Education / Program Academic Excellence) and FAPERJ (Foundation for Research of the State of Rio de Janeiro). Over the past few years, partnerships with some private institutions have also turned possible the provision of some additional scholarships.
Registration - 06/26/2017 to 10/20/2017
Formalization of Registrstion (documentation delivery) - 06/26/2017 to 10/20/2017
Results*** - 10/24/2017 - (List of Approveds)
Enrollment - 11/08/2017 to 11/17/2017
Levelling Module I* - 11/21/2017 to 12/15/2017
Leveling Module II** - 01/02/2018 to 01/05/2018
Beginning of Mandatory Classes - 01/08/2017
* Leveling Module I (program) is an integral part of the FGV/EPGE Doctor’s Degree Program. This is an optional course strongly recommended for new students of Direct Doctor’s Degree, aiming to provide knowledge on various topics of Mathematics required for a student entering this Program. All students who participate in the leveling module, in compliance with the norms inherent to it, may begin to receive a scholarship in that period. The usual scholarships of the Doctor’s Degree will follow the regular norms of the Program.
** Leveling Module II is an integral part of the FGV/EPGE Academic Master’s Degree and Doctor’s Degree Programs and complements the content offered in Module I. It is an optional course strongly recommended to new students of those Programs.
*** For candidates that are waiting for 2017 ANPEC exam result, to be given on 3rd November, the result disclosure of the Doctorate selection process will be given on 6th November.